Just had to step away from the video dalliances that
I’ve been on for the past couple weeks. It’s been one of those
silly little technology-driven events where you start out just wanting
to solve a simple problem and end up fixing tangents of tangents just
so you can slog your way back to the first problem.
Mind you, I’m not against that sort of thing, and in fact, actually
enjoy it. But, there’s a time when you just feel the whole thing
slipping over the edge, taking up too much time with nothing to show
for it, or, worse, having gone through a series of diversions, find
yourself right back where you started with no results to show for it.
Which is kinda where I found myself on Friday.
Sorry if this sounds unnecessarly cryptic —
The Aiptek cameras have worked well for Flickr Pix (mine, pencam group), but getting the video to work on the Mac OS has been a royal pain. Thanks to JimG’s
tugboat guidance to my Exxon Valdez coursework, I got the terminal
conversion program to work. However, after the files all got
converted, they still don’t show up as files that I can view in
Quicktime. Reckon it’s got something to do with the QT/OS version
I’m on. But, that was sort of it. Just don’t want to deal
with that this weekend (or maybe even this coming week), and it’s been
slightly tiresome to go through the Google upload just to end up with wobbly, swelling, spastic images from a too-flexy mount. Time to put everything up onto the project shelf for a few days and end my increasing frustration.